Pfizer - Good Learning Experience | Glassdoor

"Good Learning Experience"

Former Intern - General Ledger Intern in Memphis, TN
Former Intern - General Ledger Intern in Memphis, TN

I worked at Pfizer as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Pfizer was a good experience as an intern. The staff was very receptive and friendly and would answer questions when possible. It was a great glimpse at corporate culture

Cons

As with some intern programs, I felt underutilized and had to continually ask for assignments due to the size and complexity of operations. I wasn't excited about the work I was doing though, I was just a number to a lot of people.

Other Employee Reviews for Pfizer

1. "Challenging , fast paced with Perks"

Former Employee - Policy, Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Policy, Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a "can do attitude" , access to resources, generous compensation. Allows for individual to be a self starter, not a lot of layers of management to get things done.

Cons

Potential for "dog eat dog" working environment. Internally competitive, as the company faces layoffs. Work life-balance is a negative, long grueling hours without break, due to tight timelines and heavy workload.

Advice to Management

Foster and reward collaboration, institute work-life- breaks or rewards

2. "IT - Pfizer - tough to get stuff done"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Pfizer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, and to access to training (both professional and non-professional) is good.

Cons

The higher ups talk a good game.. the usual "my door is always open", "we promote a work-life balance". But rarely act on "suggestions". The survey's that mgmt asks for are a complete joke. The Executive Leadership team, wants to hear from the worker bee's to make it look as if they are involved, but honestly very little has been to done to make the job easier to handle. It is Mgmt 101, if mgmt gives you one, or two more projects that are high priority, then one or two items must be taken away from you in order to let you work on those high priority projects, in the 7 years I've been with them, that has never happened once. There is absolutely no communication between the various sections within IT. I do not know that a policy has changed until, it is too late.

Advice to Management

Look it is very simple, you have had ample years of survey results telling you that there is a problem with getting stuff done, it is not as easy as it was even 4 years ago. Listen to the "worker bee's", and fix it.