Pfizer - Great place to work if you overlook the politics. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pfizer

"Great place to work if you overlook the politics."

Former Employee - Director
Former Employee - Director

I worked at Pfizer full-time

Pros

Good people. They truly want to make a difference. Great experience. The company (at least many divisions) is flexible with working from home and/or other offices as needed.

Cons

Very political and bureaucratic - continuous downsizing has caused the culture to become more cut throat instead of collaborative.

Advice to Management

Re-ignite a culture where performance, not corporate politics, holds the greatest value. Avoid laying off colleagues who excel in their performance reviews - there seems to be a disconnect with talent management.

Other Employee Reviews for Pfizer

"Could and should have been better"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong benefits
    Everyone knows Pfizer
    Reasonable workload
    Nice travel and perks

Cons

Career potential lost in constant survival mode in downsizing company.
    Most of network over the years I was there had been laid off or left for other opportunity
    No external training or conference funds in my dept
    poor internal job placement and recruiting processes, seems like candidates are pre-selected and you waste time going through meaningless interviews if your even selected at all.

Advice to Management

I was at Pfizer nearly 12 years so I saw the better times to the stock lows and downright unpleasant period which is still ongoing of constant outsourcing and downsizing. I benefited from a fantastic tuition reimbursement program (long since reduced to about average) and it made no difference in finding better work within the company to use my skills.
    For up to 2 years at a time I saw no raises of significance 1-2% at best and promotion cycles were suspended. Management spent and promoted certain individuals by placing them in other jobs to get around this.
    Regrettably I left for another opportunity as I had realized that my best days at Pfizer were years behind me.
    I hope Pfizer finds its feet again and looks more critically at itself and how do develop its professionals. There is not enough transparency in the promotion process, and its not enough to be happy just to be in your dead end job for a few years. If escaping layoff cycles is the best that can be offered, just get it over with.

2. "The Wasteland"

I worked at Pfizer full-time

Pros

Pay is decent
    Advanced, life-saving or life-enhancing technology

Cons

Some great colleagues buried under an awful pseudo-culture, made up of knit-together acquisitions.

Advice to Management

Focus on finally integrating the dozens of acquisitions, once and for all (it's never done satisfactorily). Lead by example. Set aside resources to train talented high potentials and new employees. Many leave by choice...ever want to know why?