Phacil, Inc. - I wish I never worked as a PM for this company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Phacil, Inc.

"I wish I never worked as a PM for this company"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. However, they have an excellent support staff (HR, Payroll, CS).

Cons

Very rude and inconsiderate executive management. Especially, the CEO is totally out of touch about the real work or the people. No hesitation to throw you under the bus without any notice. They care less about the employee, just their bottom lines. They treat managers like scapegoats to squeeze better profits. No matter what hours of the day, you have to be available (24x7). There is no real education benefits unless you burn your own time.

Advice to Management

Try to understand the deliverable on the SOWs and what it takes to make them happen. Be sensitive to people and their lives.

Phacil, Inc. Response

Sep 20, 2014 – Phacil Rep

We are glad to hear that your experience with Phacil’s support staff was excellent. Your experience with our CEO does cause dismay, as it is also inconsistent with the preponderance of feedback we ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Phacil, Inc.

"Poorly managed nightmare"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were nice, and the individual contributors seemed to know what they were doing. Pay was decent, but not great

Cons

Management seemed to re-plan the work every week or two, constantly changing directions and making older completed work obsolete due to the new changes. Work-life balance was almost non existent, site management expected employees to come in on the weekends and often no overtime was paid. The site where I worked has shut down since I left due to them losing the contract.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring better lower and middle managers who understand project planning

Phacil, Inc. Response

Sep 20, 2014 – Phacil Rep

As part of the Phacil Commitment, we provide services that meet, or exceed, the expectations of our customers through our total commitment to continuous improvement. This sometimes means altering the ... More

"Good place to work. Good Bosses and good relations with the government client."

Current Employee - Senior Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable work so far. Challenging but well compensated. Good support structure with corporate HR and reachback if you ever have a problem.

Cons

The usual life of a support contractor. Will they win the option or a re-compete is always a challenging time. But, we knew that when we signed up.... right?

Advice to Management

None right now