Phaidon International - Worst career choice possible! TRAP | Glassdoor

"Worst career choice possible! TRAP"

Former Employee - “Consultant” in Chicago, IL

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

All expensed health care. You will meet leadership from other offices.

Cons

The truth speaks in the 1-stars reviews. - Don’t take a job unless you have another source of income. You won’t make money for the first few months. Look at the compensation plan carefully. - The culture is “work hard play hard”. More like work 10 hour days and then you are highly influenced to go to happy hour and drink with all your coworkers. If you are even 5 min late to your seat in the morning you get... spoken to even though you don’t clock in. They encourage you to eat lunch at your desk in case you have to answer a call. There are no laptops so you never work remote. They put up a fuss about you going to any type of appointment. Count your vacation days because it seems like a lot then you learn they have the week off between Christmas and NYE but they are also counted of your vacation days. - Management is young and unprofessional. They too are caught up in the work drama of sleeping around the office and partying hard (drinking/drugs). It’s a big fraternity and sorority on who hooked up, who is dating and then drama. What they teach you isn’t applicable in other roles because they are so high KPI driven from cold calling candidates/clients and getting as many resumes are you can in a day. They don’t care about quality as much as quantity. - Trips/Money isn’t there for everyone. They have high turn over for a reason. The trips aren’t as attractive as they sell. They aren’t relaxing they are set up like spring break for post college people (heavy drinking in a quick 3 days). Same for the “Michelin’s star lunches” which are really just a decent restaurant where you Are pressured to get drunk. - Consultant means recruiter. There is no chance for real career growth beyond being a manager. Which is why managers are so young. There’s no coaching just “do this to get more KPIs”. The job is pure luck! They have favorites in the office who they push to advance. In the end it’s high KPI, heavy party/post college fraternity environment with low pay and long hours.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your managers.

Phaidon International2019-06-09

"Good company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Very hard work no life outside of it

Phaidon International2019-07-25

Phaidon International Response

August 2, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback - we are glad that you enjoyed your time at Phaidon. As you probably know, we experienced hyper-growth in our 15 years, and developing a growth culture requires hard work and time. We pride ourselves in ensuring we deliver quickly to our clients' needs, which means we've built a business based on KPIs and deliverables. We recognize that this does lead sometimes to a high-pressure environment and can involve long hours. As our growth journey continues, we acknowledge we have some work to do around work-life balance. We are confident in the strides we are making. As we continue to drive a supportive and positive company culture, we appreciate your feedback that work is still required

2. "Tons of growth and working with the top end of the industry"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Immediate exposure to key clients and candidates. I get to work with some of the most prestigious banks and financial firms in the world interacting with typically VP or director level and above. Work environment is amazing - free coffee, breakfast options multiple times a week, beverages during the week and beer/wine on Fridays. Several sales incentives going on and the team participates in Philanthropic events... at least once every 2 months.

Cons

Work can be difficult. Since it’s a longer sales cycle you don’t get your first yes 1 week into the position. With persistence and targeted effort you’re able to overcome this hurdle. No options to work remote until more senior in company (about 2 years of tenure)

Advice to Management

Keep making yourself available. Love the hands on training and appreciate you sharing your vision.

Phaidon International2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about Phaidon International.