Phaidon International - Don't do it.. | Glassdoor

"Don't do it.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

There is NOT a single thing to report.

Cons

This place is a scam, literally. They treat their employees very badly. Everyone is sleeping with everyone. No actions are being taken towards people who are doing things illegally. (drugs in bathrooms). They push you to drink, and if you do not, you are not "cool". you cannot trust anyone at all. Everyone tells each other everything. They only favor the British people in the office, and the ones who are making... money. None of the managers are well trained - they are literally 25-28. They have no idea how to manage, but have teams of 6-8. Don't get hung up by the PTO, trips, incentives - ITS A SCAM. So many law suits are happening, the men are favored over women, which has made the women very uncomfortable. I've never worked at a company of such. No one values the employees, full of sex scandals, directors sleeping with juniors (LITERALLY), writing fake glassdoor reviews (I'VE WITNESSED IT). This company is NOT good for your mental health. Stay AWAY. Don't let the "good" reviews fool you.

Advice to Management

What management?

Phaidon International2019-07-03

Phaidon International Response

July 11, 2019Group Marketing Director

We are disappointed in your review, our business absolutely prides itself on offering opportunity to all individuals irrespective of gender, age, nationality or ethnicity. As we write our response, we are proud to say our New York office is comprised of 42% female employees – of which a vast number are in leadership positions including but not limited to leading brands both in New York and nationally across the USA, leading specialized sales teams within brands, as well as running non sales functions across the USA that include L&D and Human Resources. As we mature as a business, we have worked hard on creating a culture of inclusion and where everyone can build a successful career regardless of gender. While our industry can be highly pressurised and demanding, all our employees are encouraged and able to raise concerns through the appropriate channels within HR for matters to be dealt with. Currently in New York there are 8 Directors, of which 2 are aged between 25 and 28 – both of whom absolutely deserve to be Directors. Pleasingly more individuals will be promoted to Director this year within the 25-28 age group, because they have shown the ability, character and drive to deliver on our ambitious plans. We are proud that our business is built organically and it is something that we wish to continue! While our employees progress very quickly in comparison to other industries, we work hard to ensure they are given the support to succeed. Currently, of our employees in New York, 7% are British at the time of writing our response. Our business has a no tolerance policy to drug taking.

"Tons of growth and working with the top end of the industry"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Immediate exposure to key clients and candidates. I get to work with some of the most prestigious banks and financial firms in the world interacting with typically VP or director level and above. Work environment is amazing - free coffee, breakfast options multiple times a week, beverages during the week and beer/wine on Fridays. Several sales incentives going on and the team participates in Philanthropic events... at least once every 2 months.

Cons

Work can be difficult. Since it’s a longer sales cycle you don’t get your first yes 1 week into the position. With persistence and targeted effort you’re able to overcome this hurdle. No options to work remote until more senior in company (about 2 years of tenure)

Advice to Management

Keep making yourself available. Love the hands on training and appreciate you sharing your vision.

Phaidon International2019-10-14
  2. "Great Place to work, great people"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

Great place to work great people

Cons

Long hours, high pressured environment

Phaidon International2019-10-11

Discover more reviews about Phaidon International.