Pharmaceutical Product Development - great for starting out in the field | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

"great for starting out in the field"

Current Employee - CRA II in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - CRA II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hire home-based employees with no previous monitoring experience, as long as the background implies that the candidate is trainable for CRA work. Also, I'm not usually traveling so much that I get burnt out. For me, the work-life balance has been fine. I do believe that my line manager and my CTMs have a lot to do with that. Expense reporting simple and completely online. No mailing in receipts.

Cons

Pay, pay pay. Low on the scale. They are also starting to get a little excessive with tracking billable time. I really think they need to budget their studies a little better and get off the backs of the CRAs who are already handling a lot of work.

Advice to Management

The pay scale needs to be increased. I propose, in order to get your turnover rate down, CRAs with a year in the company should get substantial rate increases that are more in line with other CROs. In my case, I need about $20k more a year to consider staying.

Other Employee Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

1. "Scientist"

Current Employee - Scientist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Scientist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good pay, job challenging, close to home

Cons

not much career development, same type of work

Advice to Management

none

2. "Senior management and above are slave drivers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

I worked at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You earn a good deal of vacation time, but you'll never get to use it.

Cons

The worst parts about working there are as follows in no particular order: Flexibility of scheduling for employees in support services (sample management, report writing, etc.) is nonexistent. If you stay in a position long enough that you are at the top of the salary range for that position, they will try very hard to either fire you or make you quit. The senior management at the site level and above are extremely two-faced: they claim it is all about the employees, but really they care about nothing but themselves and how good their worked bees make them look.

Advice to Management

Replace everyone at the senior group leader level and up. Or at a minimum, force them to put the employees first rather than themselves.