Pharmaceutical Product Development - What used to be an excellent CRO rapidly becoming an average CRO. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

"What used to be an excellent CRO rapidly becoming an average CRO."

Current Employee - Principal Clinical Research Associate in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Principal Clinical Research Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job stability, good pay, good benefits.

Cons

CRO work is universally unsatifsying for anyone who wants to be more than just a cog in a large wheel. Far too many layers of communication for efficient decision making, overly concerned with production over quality. Poor work/life balance due to unrealistic sponsor contracts and expectations and cumbersome systems.

Advice to Management

Re-consider the amount of "training" you require from employees that will never be used in actual job function if you want us to remain >92% utilized. PLEASE upgrade to electronic TMF company-wide. Our systems are antiquated compared to industry, very inefficent. New Horizons is heartening but being rolled out far too slowly. It should not take PPD so long to provide FSP to clients. Stop micro-managing your Clin Ops people and let us function as the professionals we are. Deal with problem employees individually rather than trying to constrain behavior overall.

Other Employee Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

1. "Good place to start out"

Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Middleton, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Middleton, WI

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience, lots to learn in the field. good benefits. Fast pace, growing company. Would recommend as a entry level job to gain experience.

Cons

Very heavy work load- not a very good work life balance. Pay isn't great for the amount of work. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Management could be better. Different group leaders need to work together better.

"Great CRO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Pharmaceutical Product Development full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Industry standard benefits. Great work life balance. I work from home 2 days a week! Training is always accessible. Growth opportunities. I have enjoyed working at PPD for over 5 years!

Cons

Wish there was a way to move around the Company better if your job skills & interests change.