Philips - Outstanding place to work - if you like to work hard and play to win | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Philips

"Outstanding place to work - if you like to work hard and play to win"

Current Employee - Director in Andover, MA
Current Employee - Director in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Philips is tackling the most pressing issues of society - healthcare, sustainability, healthy living. It's big and global and complex - not everyone's cup of tea - but because of this, Philips has the horsepower to make a difference and I as an employee contribute to making that difference.

Cons

If you're a slacker, there's a lot fewer places to hide than there was in the past. The company culture has developed in a very positive way in the past few years, we're accountable and hold each other accountable. We are playing to make a difference in people's lives, to win, not just for a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Stick with the clear message you've been sending for the last 24 months. Don't let up and don't change direction, we're on the right track!

Other Employee Reviews for Philips

"Philips is unprofessional, money hungry and don't care about their employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at Philips full-time

Pros

Health benefits were decent thats it.

Cons

Outsourcing vital roles such as accounts payable, cash apps and collections to India and Manilla. All they care about is saving money, they don't care how its going to effect the customers nor do they care that faithful long time employees are being laid off. HR doesn't work for the employees rights they are just puppets for the upper management who is behind a curtain like the wizzard of oz never showing their faces or taking responsibility for their decisions.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, your going to loose all the good employees you still have and in the long run the business and respect of your customers,... they will go to GE!

2. "Friendly, but boring"

Former Intern - Co-Op in Cleveland, OH
    Former Intern - Co-Op in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Philips as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly co-workers. Decent cafeteria.

Cons

Can't speak for full time but as an intern or co-op. Not enough interesting work to do.

Advice to Management

Make sure you challenge your interns.