Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Simple High Paying Job...Comes With Corporate Politics Though

Jul 5, 2021 - Reactive Planner in Alpharetta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

High pay, cheap benefits ($82 a month for medical, dental, vision, & prescription insurance), 2.5% of yearly salary bonus, good work-life balance, relatively easy job, no experience/college degree required. At times, hours will go by without having to work. Job can be done from the comfort of your bed. 216 hours of PTO. Was able to work from home during pandemic. Beautiful and modern office space. Extensive COVID-19 protocols.

Cons

Management can be clueless and has a tendency to micromanage. Frequent updates on status, including bathroom breaks are required. Limit of 5 sick days available every 6 months despite 8 days being available. Departments tend to throw blame at each other and bicker instead of working together to achieve a common goal. Field Service Engineers (who we work with mainly as part of our job) tend to be rude and ignorant to current procedures and processes. Philips is similar to US Air Force...every month you are required to undergo training and complete written examinations on material you are required to learn in Philips University every month. Frequent changes to process are hard to keep up with.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Philips Response

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a very detail review here. We're happy to hear your overall experience with Philips has been a positive one, though it's unfortunate there are some difficulties with the management department. We would advise you to schedule a meeting with your HR representative or your manager to discuss some areas of improvement. Philips Management is also active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration to improve our ways of working. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives and for sharing your frank thoughts with us. We wish you all the best!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work culture

Sep 22, 2021 - Quality Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work culture and team.

Cons

Benefits are not that great

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for, love the values, leadership can be hit or miss

Jul 20, 2021 - Senior Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has great values; it is employee centric, the benefits are good, it cares about innovation, the environment, its customers and ethics. It takes its branding and brand promise serious both internally and externally. If you work for a great leader, it is an absolutely amazing experience to work at Philips. I genuinely loved working for that company for 11 years. I learned a lot, I was challenged, I grew, I made really good connections across the organization. It can be a great company to work for.

Cons

Too many reorganizations, offshoring jobs to India and other places to save costs while negatively impacting employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Leadership within the divisions and markets can be seriously hit or miss with poor leaders affecting the culture of a whole division within the organization while other divisions within Philips do exceptionally well both on the employee engagement front and customer experience front, Philips leadership either puts a blind eye or is not even noticing how detrimental certain leaders are which results in turnover of highly skilled, loyal employees.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Philips Response

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for sharing this level of detail – it is helpful to hear and understand your situation and the many years of experience as a Senior Program Manager. We're very pleased to hear you've had a very rewarding career experience, especially when it comes to creating a healthy working environment and helping the world through innovation. We would also like to express our gratitude for the very elaborative constructive feedback to improve our ways of working. Feel free to bring some of your concerns to your manager or HR representative. Philips Management is also active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives for all these years. We wish you all the best!

Discover more reviews about Philips.