Employee Review

Former Employee

Philips Ultrasound

Jul 27, 2021 - Engineering Group Leader in Bothell, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunities. Builds high quality products that help people

Cons

Onsite HR is mostly non-existent.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Philips Response

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a comment here. We're happy you found great opportunities building high quality products, though it's unfortunate there are some drawbacks involved with HR. We’re interested in providing our people with a rewarding career experience, so feel free to bring these concerns to your manager or HR representative. Philips Management is also active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration for improving our ways of working. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives. We wish you all the best.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work culture

Sep 22, 2021 - Quality Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work culture and team.

Cons

Benefits are not that great

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for, love the values, leadership can be hit or miss

Jul 20, 2021 - Senior Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has great values; it is employee centric, the benefits are good, it cares about innovation, the environment, its customers and ethics. It takes its branding and brand promise serious both internally and externally. If you work for a great leader, it is an absolutely amazing experience to work at Philips. I genuinely loved working for that company for 11 years. I learned a lot, I was challenged, I grew, I made really good connections across the organization. It can be a great company to work for.

Cons

Too many reorganizations, offshoring jobs to India and other places to save costs while negatively impacting employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Leadership within the divisions and markets can be seriously hit or miss with poor leaders affecting the culture of a whole division within the organization while other divisions within Philips do exceptionally well both on the employee engagement front and customer experience front, Philips leadership either puts a blind eye or is not even noticing how detrimental certain leaders are which results in turnover of highly skilled, loyal employees.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Philips Response

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for sharing this level of detail – it is helpful to hear and understand your situation and the many years of experience as a Senior Program Manager. We're very pleased to hear you've had a very rewarding career experience, especially when it comes to creating a healthy working environment and helping the world through innovation. We would also like to express our gratitude for the very elaborative constructive feedback to improve our ways of working. Feel free to bring some of your concerns to your manager or HR representative. Philips Management is also active on this platform, so your feedback will be taken into consideration. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives for all these years. We wish you all the best!

Discover more reviews about Philips.