Phillips 66 - Great internship experience! | Glassdoor

"Great internship experience!"

Current Intern - Engineering Intern
Current Intern - Engineering Intern

I have been working at Phillips 66 as an intern

Pros

I had projects comparable to what a full time hire would be working on. Everyone I worked with was very open to helping me when I needed it, and everyone including management was very approachable. They really value their interns and work hard to give them the full picture of the company and what it would be like to work there.

Cons

It seems to be more difficult to advance in the company if you aren't open to moving often, both to different positions and locations.

Other Employee Reviews for Phillips 66

1. "Career advancement & great company culture"

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company and I share similar values. Their dedication to safety is unmatched. They believe in doing the right thing always and standing by their committments. There is great opportunity for career and competency development for individuals interested in learning more and experiencing new roles. The company believes in cross-development training and assignments, and more frequently than not I run into individuals who have been with company 5+, 10+, and even 40+ years with the organization. With a company this size, individuals can learn and redefine themselves in multiple roles throughout the lifetime of their career, without ever having to go to a new firm.

Cons

Phillips 66 is a larger organization so sometimes you aren't aware of all the possibilities within the organization. It takes some time to network and learn the different aspects of the business and all the moving pieces that make up a Fortune 5 company.

Advice to Management

Continue to exemplify the values Phillips 66 stands for. The level of communication and transparency with your employees is appreciated.

"Not the same company that it used to be"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Phillips 66 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent salary, benefits and time off from wok.

Cons

If you are in the latter part of your career, management seems to forget about you. Management really only shows interest in college new hires.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about those with 20+ years of service. We are here to stay and finish our working career. So many of the college new hires stay only long enough to get experience then move on to another company. Oh, they also leave once we stop spoiling them.