Phoenix Children's Hospital - Best job I’ve ever had! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "In my opinion there are no cons" (in 13 reviews)

• "Upper management is out of touch and the HR dept there is the worst" (in 7 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Best job I’ve ever had!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love coming to work every day. It’s hard to be in a bad mood in this beautiful, kid friendly facility surrounded by people who are also happy to be there. I am constantly being both challenged and supported. Ratios are 4:1 max. Tons of opportunities for growth. Upper management seeks employee feedback. EXCELLENT food.

Cons

Commute for me, though it’s worth a job I love. Pay is not as high as some competitors. Wish tuition reimbursement was a little higher.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Aug 14, 2018 – VP Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your comments. I am so happy you are loving it here. You and other employees like you are what makes it so great here. I thank you for what you do everyday!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work and to complete your heathcare education."

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time

Pros

Management is very supportive and communicates often with employees.

Cons

Contractors should be escorted through the hospital and not allowed to roam freely. They access to floors that they shouldn't be on. They also engage with hospital staff that are not part of area they are working in.

Advice to Management

Monitor all contractors, especially construction companies.

Aug 14, 2018 – VP Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying it here. Good comment about contractors. Will bring that to my next meeting.

2. "Proud to work her"

Current Employee - Education Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Education Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to advance your career. Education is well supported. The only place you really want to bring your children to for care. Whenever I mention that I work at PCH, the response is always positive.

Cons

Benefits are competitive, but have definitely decreased over the years. We now pay a lot more for a lot less. That is just our country's reality right now.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure why, but the staff are not always aware of the amazing things that the hospital is striving to do. We need to do a better job of getting the word out that PCH is working to be one of the best hospitals in the world

Aug 14, 2018 – VP Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to provide your comments. I'm glad you are enjoying working at PCH. I think you are right about benefits awareness. Sometimes some of our benefits may be more important... More

Discover more reviews about Phoenix Children's Hospital.