Phoenix Children's Hospital - Revolving Door at Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Phoenix Children's Hospital

"Revolving Door at Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation"

Current Employee - Major Gifts Officer in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Major Gifts Officer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful mission, values and impact for children, Physicians, Nurses are exceptionally caring people. Great benefits and work schedule. The Hospital is a thriving place with a beautiful building.

Cons

Micro-managed staff, stifling working conditions and no opportunity to "be yourself." Team culture encouraged and one must adhere to it. Be sure to keep your wallet with you, you will be constantly reaching into it to "give back."

Advice to Management

Please work outside of the non-profit world and understand best business practices

Other Employee Reviews for Phoenix Children's Hospital

"IT culture is horrible"

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time

Pros

The ability to serve children.

Cons

IT is horrible. The CIO has no business being a senior leader in an IT department. He is a programmer. Morale is very low and we are losing large amounts of people to better hospital IT departments in the area. The users are very unhappy with the legacy technology and hack code that we're implementing.

Advice to Management

Replace senior leadership in IT.

"Fun Place to Work"

I worked at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time

Pros

I worked in the communications department for a year. I loved my coworkers and enjoyed working in a true team environment. The others in my department had lunch together everyday, and we were often joined by others from other departments. It had a good community environment. I also liked the employee events and incentives, like the employee health campaign where you could win prizes for tracking your daily activity. Working at a children's hospital is personally rewarding.

Cons

It is very difficult to get a raise or be promoted at PCH. For me it was very disheartening and I felt very unappreciated by the director of my department.

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees know they are valued, needed and appreciated. Give more promotions or create new positions for great employees. Keep up the employee health and giving campaigns, and do more to show appreciation.