Phunware - Overall a good startup which expects a lot of hard work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Phunware

"Overall a good startup which expects a lot of hard work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Phunware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No other startup can beat this company's client list.
Lot of exciting projects to work on.
Friendly and very talented co-workers.

Cons

Be prepared to put in more than 50-55 hours a week for most of the projects.
Be prepared to work on frequent changes in the "requirements" or "directions" on almost every project.

Advice to Management

Please try to give proper/realistic estimates before committing on a project.
Everyone here wants to contribute to something new/different. So, please try to move away from date driven development and bring in more processes.
It will be good if there is a proper policy for paid leaves.
It will be good if there is a proper work from home policy too.
Please pay your employees(most employees) a little more than what they are already making as they work more than 55-60hours a week throughout the year.
It will be good if employees get a "bonus" every year.

Other Employee Reviews for Phunware

"Most accommodating and motivating company that I have had the pleasure to work with."

Current Employee - Publisher Development Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Publisher Development Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Phunware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very accommodating in terms of providing a high energy yet casual work place environment.

Very motivational with regular willingness to help scale the business along with recognition and appreciation for work.

Very interested in helping employees out with whatever they can in terms of work personal well being.

Extremely good benefits offering along with very suitable pay cycles.

HR is quick to respond and helpful in dealing with all sorts of issues professionally and courteously.

Genuine care for employees and a comfortable amount of interest in them from the Management.

Company sponsored lunches on every Friday.

Very energetic and always available management especially the CEO. He even gave his house number to anyone who would ever need it. Though I have not had a chance to meet/speak with him too much because of different office locations, he is certainly one of the most in touch CEOs that I have ever come across regularly communicating any updates on the tremendous amount of ongoing projects.

When things get rough, the Management offers a helping hand as opposed to pulling a hammer out. Genuine trust in employees and their capabilities.

All ideas are listened to, appreciated and welcomed.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any con that is worth mentioning. I looked down at the carpet to see if I could find a stain and report that - but couldn't find one.

I'm not making any of it up. In my opinion, I can't list a single problem that i personally have come across so far.

Advice to Management

You have established in the preceding years a genuinely good Company with very friendly, helpful and hard working people. It is a wonderful experience to work here with you guys and to be around such valuable resources. I hope this keeps up as we progress towards our goals.

"Literally Everything You Need to Succeed In Mobile and Succeed in Your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Phunware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment with a perfect balance of fun and work with a company-wide focus on moving forward.
    Fantastic workers who have great talent for what they do, an excellent work ethic, always bring their A Game, and have your back 100% whether you need help with a project or a simple question.
    Vacation time is on a "take it when you need it" policy, but everyone works super hard and usually only takes the recommended two weeks off per year.
    Opportunities to learn more about organization, sales, programming, the mobile space etc.
    Zero micromanagement and employees are all very proactive.
    Catered lunches every Friday and a stocked kitchen for keeping energy levels high.
    Extremely exciting working with Fortune 500 Companies including Disney, ESPN, NBC, E! Online, CBS, TheCW, and so many more.

Cons

The only downside I can possibly think of is that there are several candy dispensers and they are so tempting that I can't help eating candy once in a while.

Advice to Management

Management is great! They constantly update us with company news from different departments and award great employees for good work done.