Picaboo - Beware Customer Service, Otherwise Go For It | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Picaboo

"Beware Customer Service, Otherwise Go For It"

Former Employee - Customer Care in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Customer Care in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Picaboo (Less than a year)

Pros

Progressive, dynamic environment, great business structure and amazing owners/upper management. Accommodating and considerate human resources. Decent starting pay for lower level positions (but no raises to speak of), benefits, and relatively flexible scheduling. Nice location and generally fun environment (if you like playing games with your co-workers, you'll like it here).

Cons

A very experimental/start up vibe for a company which is not a start up any longer. The biggest con is that it's difficult to move up within the company if you start at bottom tiers, unless you are a tech wiz or have marketing/business experience and a degree from a reputable college. That said, I've known people they place in supervisory or lead positions in customer service who lack the education and/or experience to be great leaders (being assertive and bullish does not a great manager make!).

The environment can also be extremely stressful if you decide to work in their customer service. Expect mandatory overtime and working through all holidays without much in terms of a raise (but you get OT and they'll say that's a perk). Also, you won't learn much that you can take with you to another job - it's essentially a call center.

Other Employee Reviews for Picaboo

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Picaboo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work environment, great opportunities for everyone on board, and a good quality product line!

Cons

Really, no cons to talk about.

Advice to Management

Continue to consider the ideas of employees. Thanks for a great, flexible opportunity!

"Two years of growth and experiences"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Picaboo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The people. It's natural for start-ups to feel like a family, and I built relationships with a few individuals that I will cherish forever.
    2. The product. There is something awesome about working for a company that creates lasting memories for people everywhere.
    3. The growth. I really did grow a lot at my time at Picaboo. Not only as a person but in my role. I got thrown so many different things and really had to think on my feet.

Cons

Overall, my experience at Picaboo was neutral. There were a lot hurdles I had to go through, but without those I wouldn't have gained my experience. Also to note is that the Company has (2) CEO's with one of them remote, Sometimes this can be challenging because in the time I was there they switched responsibilities 3 times. Growth was a challenge even though I listed it has a Pro. I was promoted within a year in my role, but didn't see much after that; there really isn't a growth path built for employees which is why I decided to leave.

Advice to Management

Decide on a org chart and responsibilities and stick to it, switching these things around can cause confusion and will lead to frustration amongst the team. Have the remote team come to the main office more often, this creates a better work culture and unity within the team. Get advice from the ENTIRE team, rather than those who sit on top, you'd be surprised on what ideas they have and how they can grow the business. Lastly, don't make promises you can't keep, if you say things are going to change, then change them. If not, you will create resentment throughout the whole team and you will lose great people.