Piedmont Medical Center - needs improvement for a growing community | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Medical Center

"needs improvement for a growing community"

Former Employee - Nurse Manager in Rock Hill, SC
Former Employee - Nurse Manager in Rock Hill, SC

Pros

good benefits and educational support

Cons

not patient focused, broken and poor equipment

Advice to Management

smile and put true interest in your employees in place, if staff is happy they deliver better patient care

Other Employee Reviews for Piedmont Medical Center

1. "PMC EMS"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Piedmont Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Willing to work with your needs and requests as far as stations/hours go. Very supportive as I attended school to promote from EMT to AEMT to paramedic. Supervisors are kind and down-to-earth. My whole shift is like a big family.

Cons

Really can't think of any legitimate complaints. Sometimes have a difficult time getting email responses from certain supervisors. Most of the chain of command has poor grammar and mechanics in emails sent to the whole company.

Advice to Management

Part time staff may need to be held more accountable for picking up shifts, entering availability. Wish that we could still take vacation days as "leave without pay" instead of PTO being mandatory - but understand this is a hospital/corporate policy, not just EMS.

"Laboratory Tech"

Former Employee - Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologist in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologist in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Piedmont Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only hospital in Rock Hill, nice coworkers but they don't stay long, larger turn-around.

Cons

This is the worst hospital I've worked for. The stress in the voices of the staff, nurses, lab staff, ER, everywhere is palpable. I was forced to work multiple areas of the lab at one time including Blood Bank which requires direct attention (I know, I was a supervisor at another hospital) because it's very easy to harm a person, if not worse.

Advice to Management

Get your act together, treat your employees with respect and listen to their concerns, especially if everyone is complaining about the same thing in respect to patient safety