Piedmont Natural Gas - Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for! There are many that would like to work for PNG. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Natural Gas

"Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for! There are many that would like to work for PNG."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Pros

PNG is interested in their employees and offers a comprehensive Wellness Program. It starts with the employee and allows us to take care of ourselves and that allows us to give to our families and to our workplace. PNG also provides us additional days off the job for participating in Wellness initiatives. It is a win-win situation for both the employee and the company. Each year this program continues to get better! I am excited for the changes we have to look forward to in 2011.

Cons

There is very little movement within the district I work, thus allowing hardly no opportunity for growth or promotion. The company supports continued education and once you reach your educational goal, that doesn't necessarily mean you will reap the benefits of one's hard work with a promotion. Because there is no job openings and hardling no new jobs created, you find yourself remaining in the same job as well as continuing to do the same job.

Advice to Management

Continue with the program of removing those that compain and are not engaged with PNG's core values. Those with 30+ years of service are many times the ones that find it hard to change. I recognize their experience, but today our job duties and responsibilities have been realigned and no longer are the same so everyone is begining at square one. Gone are the days of loyalty to the employees. Just offer packages that will reward them well for their many years of dedicated service.

Other Employee Reviews for Piedmont Natural Gas

1. "Great Place to work"

Pros

Atmosphere is good, management listens and they are in the process of upgrading technology.

Cons

Could try implementation of a few technologies at at time instead of all at once

2. "Decent company"

I have been working at Piedmont Natural Gas full-time

Pros

Good salary, excellent benefits, bonuses. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Recently acquired by Duke Energy