Piedmont Natural Gas - good place to work, better than most ,but is slowly going the wrong way! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Piedmont Natural Gas

"good place to work, better than most ,but is slowly going the wrong way!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Pros

money is fair and benifits are pretty good but again, these things are changing also. people trying to justify their jobs in corp.

Cons

just let the workers do what they are trained to do! always something is going on to upset the apple cart. change,change, change, maybe something needs to change at corp office!!! no one trust our leadership!!!

Advice to Management

to many changes to fast! you about cant any work done because of the diffrent classes, programs, and all the changes that we are trying to get use too. Piedmont waste so much money on all the feels like GAMES that they play. i like it there but its a place of nonforgiveness. everyone is scare of what the next change is and it affects peoples lives!! people are tring to do the best job they can , but its in the back of everyones mind of just being let go over things that can be small issues! this is not the perfect world .

Other Employee Reviews for Piedmont Natural Gas

"Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for! There are many that would like to work for PNG."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Pros

PNG is interested in their employees and offers a comprehensive Wellness Program. It starts with the employee and allows us to take care of ourselves and that allows us to give to our families and to our workplace. PNG also provides us additional days off the job for participating in Wellness initiatives. It is a win-win situation for both the employee and the company. Each year this program continues to get better! I am excited for the changes we have to look forward to in 2011.

Cons

There is very little movement within the district I work, thus allowing hardly no opportunity for growth or promotion. The company supports continued education and once you reach your educational goal, that doesn't necessarily mean you will reap the benefits of one's hard work with a promotion. Because there is no job openings and hardling no new jobs created, you find yourself remaining in the same job as well as continuing to do the same job.

Advice to Management

Continue with the program of removing those that compain and are not engaged with PNG's core values. Those with 30+ years of service are many times the ones that find it hard to change. I recognize their experience, but today our job duties and responsibilities have been realigned and no longer are the same so everyone is begining at square one. Gone are the days of loyalty to the employees. Just offer packages that will reward them well for their many years of dedicated service.

2. "Great Place to work"

Pros

Atmosphere is good, management listens and they are in the process of upgrading technology.

Cons

Could try implementation of a few technologies at at time instead of all at once