Pier 1 Imports - One of the best | Glassdoor

"One of the best"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager & Store Manager in New Orleans, LA
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager & Store Manager in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented Managers are rewarded! If you are a talented manager (even a budding manager) you will be rewared with $ and opportunities...there are over 2000 stores with more opening and getting remodels!
Opportunites galor!
Great Staff from top to bottom!
Did I mention I no longer work there? However, I know there will always be a place for me there! I have always and will always speak highly of Pier 1 Imports.
You have a corporate staff who take significant time in creating a team atmosphere with trainings, celebrations, and recognition!
You have employees (sales associates) there for +10 years. Divisional and regional members of management who started as sales associates. Regional and Divisional members of management who will move your displays (and not just the little ones) to help and teach you!

Cons

There are a limited amount of full time positions!
Like any other retail business members of management are the only full time positions (and Home Office...it would be a dream!!)
Moving furniture! Sad but true. The end result is worth it...but truth be told...in the moment (and there are plenty) it stinks!

Advice to Management

Work hard!
Yes you will be moving furniture but if you're, truly, a Pier 1 person you'll love the end results.
Be genuine with a smile...remember you're the host and the customers are your guests. Youre managment team and sales associates will get you there if you are always fair.
Here is the biggest. Your hiring process is #1. If you think at any moment this person does not represent the brand...do not hire them!! You have to represent your customer base with your store's sales team.

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"Great Company to work for!!!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great product, fun company

Cons

Only salaried manager in the building is difficult at times

2. "Roller Coaster"

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Employee discount, fun merchandise, working with great customers, leading talented associates, great home office

Cons

New regional manager every 3 months. It is difficult to build mentoring/business relationships when there is so much inconsistency. There is a lot of pettiness and little remains confidential with senior management.

Advice to Management

Please fill your positions in a timely manner. It creates low morale and it is a difficult working environment.