Pier 1 Imports - Great Job! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "They are aggressive with trying to get customers to open their credit card" (in 330 reviews)

• "No benefits if you are part time" (in 113 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great Job!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, thorough training, safe workplace, good starting pay, room for growth. I have loved the management as well. They are so helpful and I always feel cared for at work.

Cons

Customer service can always be tough, so that would be the biggest downfall for me. Some people are mean at times for no reason, and we have to act normal about it.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Love or Money"

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The product brand is now going back to being limited quantity of unique items. It is still in the process, but after the last 1 1/2 years of Pier 1 missing the mark, we can be patient. Communication from Home Office is more frequent and concise. Our Customer 1st objectives is how retail should be to begin with. The culture at Pier 1 is open and inviting to all. My team is truly simpatico in the execution of our duties.

Cons

The downside of working at Pier 1 is that if you are not prepared for manual labor then this job is not for you. Climbing a ladder, building furniture and lifting that furniture is a daily thing. Often we have only 2 employees and are expected to load a customer's car with heavy merchandise; i.e. 84" table boxed. That leaves the store and its customers unattended, not to mention the weight of the item being loaded. The most disappointing aspect about working at Pier 1 is the hourly wage. It is so beneath the surrounding retail jobs with three x's the expectations. I love my job and my team and that is why I have remained as long as I have, but it has come at a financial sacrifice. Associates come and go, but their value is greater than the dollar amount they're receiving. The management team who leads those associates are worth far more than we receive. Let's face it Pier 1...the product gets them into the store, but we are the ones that keep them coming back because they know they can trust us to deliver the goods! (Pun intended)

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES MORE!

2. "Good company. Poor upper management."

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

Flexible hours. Good co-workers

Cons

Stuck in the 80's. "This is the way we have always done it" mentality.

Discover more reviews about Pier 1 Imports.