Pier 1 Imports - Fun, upbeat atmosphere, great co-workers, new inventory every week! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"Fun, upbeat atmosphere, great co-workers, new inventory every week!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers rave about their shopping experience, they love shopping there! Fun music, great co-workers, for the most part a very positive working enviroment. Don't forget that awesome employee discount !

Cons

It is a very physical job, you are really earning your money, there is pressure to preform but that is with any sales position.

Advice to Management

Nurture those stand out employees, so that they may advance in the company. Let them know they are appreciated. A compliment goes a long way in making an employee feel they are truly integral in making the store a success!

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"Great place to work and the people are great too"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount is great; beautiful place to work

Cons

Many job responsibilities with little pay

Advice to Management

Increase base pay sales associates

"Worst Job of My Life"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were very friendly. The assistant manger was a total sweetheart.

Cons

I was hired on as seasonal. I was lucky if I got more than 10 hours a week. Everyone was given a name tag and trained on register except me. I was expected to open credit cards on the sales floor. The manager rode me to get sales and peoples email addresses constantly. I was never praised when I met my goals or made big sales, although I was constantly reminded when I didn't. I was expected to move heavy pieces of furniture by myself and no one even trained me on how to do it safely. Employee discount is a joke with the hours they give to seasonal employees. I could barely afford to pay my bills much less buy expensive furniture and home goods with my tiny paychecks.

Advice to Management

Give employees more hours. I get that seasonal employees are only temporary but they should be treated with the same respect as everyone else.