Pier 1 Imports - Great atmosphere to work in! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"Great atmosphere to work in!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bourbonnais, IL
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with, its like a well knit family. We work hard but we have so much fun working the floor together! Awesome opportunities to move up.

Cons

Having a life outside of work can be rather difficult with different shift day to day and week to week.

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"Operations Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

The opportunity to develop and lead a team of associates to success and coach them to take pride in what they do.

Cons

Upper management-no respect for their supervisors, lots of office politics and drama, and neglect the supervisor's need for a work/life balance

Advice to Management

Take care of you Supervisors! We make the Operation and you look good through our hard work and dedication. At least say THANK YOU!

2. "Really enjoyed this job during my college years."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Creative and Upbeat Environment
    -Fun products
    -You're not forced to purchase any of their products.
    -One thing I had a love/hate with about Pier 1 is that it is NOT commission based. I loved this because you don't feel pressure from commission sales to tap into that creative side with helping someone decorate their place.
    -You develop lasting connections with customers. When Sales Associates establish a good relationship with a Customer at Pier1, you'll see them every week.

Cons

-As mentioned earlier, it's not commission based. I had a situation where I set up a whole entire theme for someones dining area and my sales came out to over $2000+. I was paid $8 dollars for that hour of assistance. I've had this happen more than once.

-I wasn't too fond of the pressure to sell the Pier1 credit card either. It really was unfair when your hours are dependent on how many cards you get people to apply for versus selling a couple of thousand dollars worth of dining/bedroom/kitchen set ups. You can try to push hard for the cards, but if people say no, the answer is no. And sometimes you have no control over that.