Pier 1 Imports - If you love hard work and entertaining! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"If you love hard work and entertaining!"

Current Employee - Sales Leader
Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Pier 1 Imports because most of the customers are so geniune. You do have to have patience with those who are not. Every item is unique, and entertaining is the name of the game.

Cons

Some of the products could be in better condition. The stock rooms are over flowed with merchandise, and doesn't always seem safe. When wanting to move up in the food chain, you have to be willing to travel because positions are few.

Advice to Management

The more incentives you give your associates, the harder they will work for the Pier 1 Card numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"Pro's and Con's review: Every Location/area is different. Feedback for CEO and Company."

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great staff (varies from store to store) , fun product, tons of resources and tools for developing skills and selling behaviors. Assoc. Discount., tuition reimbursement, fun gifts given to all employees during holidays.

Cons

Heavy work load, lack of time for proper training in all job titles at the store level resulting in sub par performance as a whole, not enough time to use all the tools provided, due to weekly hour caps that prevent employees from becoming full time and collecting benefits.
    this works for the company on paper for payroll and savings on benefits, but costs the store level talent and efficiency.

Advice to Management

Advice to CEO: Employee's enjoy the company as a whole. however, we feel under paid for our level of commitment, knowledge, and work load administered. I understand no system is perfect, but I feel as though, we should be compensated adequately. This is the biggest draw back and a key reason for higher management turnover or lack of interest in our company. I only say this to grow and become more efficient as a company.There is a lot of great talent that exists in our stores and DC's, let's focus on IN-HOUSE Talent and pay them what they worth.
    I am only one voice on this website, but you should multiply my thoughts by 200 for a smaller but more realistic figure.
    Anyone who has been with the company longer that 3 years, been offered higher positions and worked at multiple locations would agree with me.
    lastly, listen to your associates and stores, gather feedback every 6 months and re evaluate processes. We would all appreciate it :)

2. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (More than a year)

Pros

4 weeks paid vacation
    Unlimited sick time
    Great culture
    Great employee recognition

Cons

Employee discount should be increased.