Pier 1 Imports - I enjoyed working because I love the merchandise, customers and atmosphere. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"I enjoyed working because I love the merchandise, customers and atmosphere."

Pros

I enjoyed the atmosphere and merchandise.

Cons

It wasn't a career. I only worked part-time hours. I am seeking a career, not just a job. The pay was also not great and there was no benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"Do not expect to advance, favoritism towards select employees..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time

Pros

Great accent décor. Customers that enjoy the experience at Pier One. Be prepared to not only sell, but stock/move merchandise, furniture, climb ladders, lift 50 lbs. or more. The diversity adds value to your shift, With the exception of 5:00 am trucks.

Cons

Favoritism to select employees with regards to weekly schedules/hours, including flex schedules in their favor. Their performance being no greater/better with regards to IC's, sales contribution, units per transaction, customer review, tasking etc... Several new lead positions, no promotions within, all hired outside. Do not expect to be advance in this store.

Advice to Management

Value your associates they contribute more than you realize. We not only help and advise your new hires, we also give strength to the inexperience leads that have no clue of the expectations required to promote you and/or the store.[

2. "Loved the atmosphere."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great place to work for me. My store manager was very nice and upbeat, but she did expect a lot from us. Very positive though and a great experience for me.

Cons

There wasn't much I didn't like about Pier 1 Imports. The music soundtracks got old, but that was about it.