Pier 1 Imports - super nice people | Glassdoor

"super nice people"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in McKinney, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I have met within this company are friendly and down to earth.

Cons

There aren`t any full time sales associate positions in the stores.

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

1. "High Expectations and little resources"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You gain retail experience and are never bored.

Cons

High turn over in associates. Scheduling employees outside of availability leaving less coverage and worn out associates and managers creating this endless cycle.

Expect to carry dining chairs and other heavy objects up a ladder and stack things dangerously around the store. You'll be performing other dangerous tasks like reaching while on the tip top of the ladder

you'll help people load and move they're giant furniture pieces with no help from your general manager(even if your a woman and he is a man)

Little to no real training. you will be thrown to the sharks on your first day. Yet if you do something wrong its still your fault, even if they never trained you on it

very advance and complex ordering processes leaving new associates clueless and customers frustrated when we cannot find their merchandise the spent hundreds of dollars on.

little to no communication between gm and management team

unrealistic expectations with little coverage

Micromanaging.

Customer service is not a priority, tasking and store appearances is, your numbers and conversion are going down because of this.

Advice to Management

spend more time on your training. If you have an employee who is confident in what they are doing you wont have so many customer issues and employees who just walk out.

2. "Nothing Special"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The store is relaxed, you get a discount on merchandise, I had friendly management, and the job is low-stress.

Cons

I worked here seasonally- there were few hours, no training, a small staff, and no company culture. The pay was very low, to the penny half of what I was making at my previous retail job. It was very "meh," nothing special. You are pushed to sign up customers for the Pier 1 credit card, which isn't great and I did not do (why I was not kept on after holiday).

Advice to Management

More training would be nice- Training I received for PT holiday was a video made in the 90s- I didn't even get a tour of the store before I was left alone at the cash wrap to work!