Pier 1 Imports - Pier 1 Imports definitely has given me a great experience in learning how a small business operates. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"Pier 1 Imports definitely has given me a great experience in learning how a small business operates."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carle Place, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carle Place, NY

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll learn much at this company.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to handle.

Advice to Management

The management is awesome.

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"pier 1 great place to shop"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Battle Creek, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great employees, great holiday gifts we love those Christmas bucks that you send to us we are like kids in a candy store .

Cons

not giving enough hours to employees these employees can not survive off of 4 hours week . there should be a better plan there are some many employees leaving pier 1 one because they can't even get 15 hours a week . store hours should be changed to 9am instead of 10 am the Lakeview square mall open up at 9am across street from pier1, target and dollar tree and christranbook store and ABC ware house next door to pier1 in the next parking lot over, they all open up at 9am close at 9pm this way pier 1 will open up with everybody else .a lot of people think we are daily it be cars sitting in the parking lot at 9am and when we show up at 9:15 am they think we are late or they get mad cause were not open normal business times with businesses around us . Mr .Alex Smith before I go there is a employee by the name of Kyoung Copeland an exceptional worker at the battle creek ,mi pier1 store she gets the most credit cards and I hear a lot of customers saying good things about her, she was also for having the highest credit cards and she got a pin and a certificate for being employee of the quarter for highest credit cards but she go above her standards to help others and to get her work done as told I and a few managers from others stores admired her work with customers and her fellow coworkers she is very patient person with wonderful personality and im asking that you make a way for this women to get a raise even if it's only a 1.50 raise please give it to her its well deserved her store manager is bonnie render and this will be a wonderful Christmas gift to her

Advice to Management

I feel there should be more incentives to opening a card . I feel that we should get 12% off entire purchase and a 2 liter of pop with applying for a card and for the ones who don't drink pop should get 12% off purchase for opening a card and free tumbler to drink out of. and I was a former employee and now I'm at a different store and for every credit card we get opened on our shift we get paid 2.00 extra on paychecks for the days we got cards opened so last week I earned 6 extra dollars on my check for 3 cards I got opened and the week before I got 8.00 extra for that week so next week when I get paid on Friday I will have a incentive pay of extra 14.00 on my check I feel if sears can do it than pier should offer that to it's employees as well.

"Overall, good company. They strive for excellence..."

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not overly strict. Allowed co-workers to bond into a good team. Allowed employee input on completing work, but still maintained corporate standards.

Cons

Depending on personnel, may find drama or politics that is not uncommon to certain workplaces. Number of hours not always stable.