Pier 1 Imports - I love working at Pier 1. I have been there for 6 years and I see myself there for a very long time. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"I love working at Pier 1. I have been there for 6 years and I see myself there for a very long time."

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the people that I work with and my customers.

Cons

There are no downsides in Pier 1!

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

1. "Misleading on hours you will receive. The credit card sales and conversion are put ahead of customer service."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discount, coworkers are great. My hair always smells nice when I leave the store.

Cons

Are forced to bash customers over and over during their shopping experience with the credit card. Mind you we leave out the fact that it's 27% interest rate. They do not provide proper cleaning supplies for the jobs you are required to do. Hours are horrible, can't live on 8-10 hours a week. Even though they hired you to work 16-20. Truck duties are only given to a few people. Stock room is a mess.

Advice to Management

Get organized, don't force your employee's to badger the customers 4 times during their shopping experience. Also allow us to hold the door open for them when they have a lot of bags. The conversion isn't worth lacking the service. If you provide proper cleaning supplies we would be satisfied to do our jobs right.

"Overall, good company. They strive for excellence..."

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not overly strict. Allowed co-workers to bond into a good team. Allowed employee input on completing work, but still maintained corporate standards.

Cons

Depending on personnel, may find drama or politics that is not uncommon to certain workplaces. Number of hours not always stable.