Pier 1 Imports - Definitely Do Run Away | Glassdoor

"Definitely Do Run Away"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting some wonderful co-workers. Seeing some beautiful hand made treasures from other parts of the world and the chance to be creative at times.

Cons

Pay, Workload, Management, Working Environment. There is little I can add to the reviewer who advised all to run away. I actually thought I got up in the middle of the night and wrote that in my sleep. I am half way across the country and the conditions are the same. Chronically dangerous stockrooms and truly criminal physical work load expectations for some- they routinely hire people who cannot lift anything, making more work for those who can. Emotionally unstable managers are definitely the norm - upper management with no moral compass at all. You will be one of the lucky few if you leave this company unscathed - physically and emotionally.

Advice to Management

Actually try to treat your employees like you value them and reward people for hard work. Get rid of all the incompetent and emotionally unstable and abusive managers. I know that regional managers keep them on because they are easy to bully and manipulate. Basically, clean house and start all over again.

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

1. "Great career for Retail Managers"

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great brand, competitive pay for management. Lots of advancement opportunities for career driven individuals with high personal and professional expectations of performance.

Cons

Part time work is primarily as a fun second job for supplemental income only - or for those who are also students.

2. "no work life balance"

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

discount was good even when items were on clearance or on sale. really not too many good things to say other than that.

Cons

Very few hours and they don’t tell you that you will be moving and putting furniture together all the time!!!!