Pier 1 Imports - very positive, loved all the associates and great working environment. I loved going to work everyday! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"very positive, loved all the associates and great working environment. I loved going to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great working environment, great merchandise, positive people

Cons

moving the furniture was not fun

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

1. "Part time only for sales asscoiates"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Reno, NV

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I acutally enjoyed my time with Pier1, the discount is good, and one of the two stores I worked at was a good experience. You get $50 to spend in the store around xmas if you've been there for 6 mos, and the uniform is pretty laid back (unless you complain about it)

Cons

Pier 1 stalks their employees facebooks...when Pier1 changed their dress code about 3-4 years ago I posted something like this on my facebook, "Sad that my work is switching the dress code, oh well" and maybe something about not wearing jeans was in the mix....well about 5 days later, I get pulled into the office, and my manager hands me a copy, that was faxed from the corp. regarding my post via facebook and pretty much warned me about saying stuff about the company on newtworking sites...It wasn't even serious! lol...should I have said "My manager discriminates between young and old and makes her older associates sell on the floor and gives them more hours while us younger people slave away over the freight truck and are assigned 8 hours a week?" I worked at Reno/Tahoe and I loved the Tahoe store but the Reno store was a horrible experience.

Advice to Management

To the district manager: Be more interactive with your sales associates while you visit, maybe set up a list of questions to ensure satisfactory while employed..do role play with your associates
    To the manager: If you hire older people, don't hand them the golden ticket out of doing freight, while I was there I slaved over the frieght truck each shift. And I really felt that because I was younger, more flixible, and quick; this was used against me.

2. "Pier 1 Imports is a fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere at Pier 1 is inviting, the merchandise whimsical, co-workers friendly, and store managers are motivative in a positive way. They always make a point to say "Thank You" and are never pushy or degrading.

Cons

The pay isn't that great.