Pier 1 Imports - Stay Away | Glassdoor

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hilton Head Island, SC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employee discount was the only thing good about the job. Most of the upper management was terribly rude, only a handful of the people I worked with were nice to me and/or customers.

Cons

Extremely pushy with the credit card. I got yelled at several times because I neglected to offer the card on very minor purchases.
Very little training. I constantly had questions that were never answered. They acted like it was a burden to train me.
The hours are just terrible. 4 hour shifts, very little pay.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your associates!!! Train them more

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

1. "Last Resort Job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The inside of the store looks beautiful and is constantly adapting to its' customers. There's a very professional atmosphere that is kept at all times. If you're doing stock in the least you're allowed to work alone (I didn't prefer) and listen to some tunes.

Cons

The work that you put in to make the store highly appealing is clearly not worth it. I'm not trying to be sexist in any fashion when I say this, but with myself being the 2nd male to work in that store location .. I had always felt beneath all the other co-workers simply because I was labeled as the guy to help with lifting heavy items in which I can understand that other people need help, but when it took me away from my work quite often I had a hard time finishing up my own work (stock).

Besides that, for the work that is put into the store the pay is significantly lower than what it should be, the hours aren't too to flexible with your particular schedule unless they (the manager/assistant manager) really enjoys your company and wants to have you around as often as possible. When you're there I understand you're getting paid to work, but again .. You're asked to do some things that isn't considered sane or what was within' your job description.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, I was in the Sales Associate position and so I couldn't distribute accurate information.

2. "Nice people, low pay."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Frederick, MD

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers who took the time to train.

Cons

Low pay, not enough hours. They really push you to provide customer service, even when it's obvious the customer does not want to be bothered.