Pier 1 Imports - Pretty boring job. | Glassdoor

"Pretty boring job."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've always loved visiting home furnishing stores, so I enjoyed it here quite a bit. It was nice looking at the beautiful furniture and home accessories. Loved most of the people I worked with.

Cons

Associates would constantly get written up if they did not convince any customer's to open up a Pier 1 Credit Card. What do they expect us to do? Shove it down their throats? I can explain the benefits all I want, but if the customer says no, it's NO. Not my fault if they don't want to open up another credit card, especially if they can only use it at Pier 1!
The customers were pretty snobby and rude too, so that didn't make it any more enjoyable for me.
Low pay and only 4 hour shifts.

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

1. "Good retail company and position"

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time

Pros

flexible part-time scheduling and relaxed atmosphere. particular location was very convenient for a seasonal second job - until the location was closed, but i was given the opportunity to transfer stores

Cons

retail position - low wage, but still above minimum

2. "Not Bad As A Part Time Job"

Former Employee - Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Sales Leader

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time

Pros

Nice pay, cool products, interesting customers, pretty good growth potential.

Cons

As with any type of retail job you will be hounded about goals every minute of everyday. While this is to be expected, I think the responsibility of tracking sales goals every hour is a bit excessive and it ends up negatively impacting sales potential on slow day. If your complaining about not meeting a goal every hour it can end up decreasing worker moral.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about store goals while customers are in the store, it makes them feel like a number.