Pier 1 Imports - PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER: hourly pay is very low, no commissions and no incentives to try harder! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

"PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER: hourly pay is very low, no commissions and no incentives to try harder!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Port St Lucie, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun to meet new people and help them decorate.

Cons

need better hourly wage, bonuses, incentives to employees and have equal pay from store to store.

Advice to Management

Company need to pay their employees more than min. wage. You expect us to sell furniture and home décor, open up credit cards and more and there is no incentive when you make $8.00 an hr. You want to boost your market, start with you employers!!

Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

1. "I loved working for Pier 1."

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Discount !!! Great people !!! Ability to invest in yourself and move up in the company. Great management training. Ability to customize your store visually to represent your area. Even once leaving the company in my management role to pursue another full time opportunity I remained attached to Pier 1, for seasonal help around the holidays, and to help with visual and floor moves. Couldn't give up the discount ! :-)

Cons

Payroll hours can be challenging. It can also be a physical job.

Advice to Management

Some of the expectations of the visual changes can be counterproductive.

2. "Pretty boring job."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've always loved visiting home furnishing stores, so I enjoyed it here quite a bit. It was nice looking at the beautiful furniture and home accessories. Loved most of the people I worked with.

Cons

Associates would constantly get written up if they did not convince any customer's to open up a Pier 1 Credit Card. What do they expect us to do? Shove it down their throats? I can explain the benefits all I want, but if the customer says no, it's NO. Not my fault if they don't want to open up another credit card, especially if they can only use it at Pier 1!
    The customers were pretty snobby and rude too, so that didn't make it any more enjoyable for me.
    Low pay and only 4 hour shifts.