Pierce-Eislen - Hard work for little pay | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Pierce-Eislen

"Hard work for little pay"

Current Employee - Researcher in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Researcher in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

The hours, location, office, parking are nice, but that's all. They do pay you on time but you don't get any vacation time until 6 months after you start (If you make it that long). The also allow you two bathroom breaks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon and a one hour unpaid lunch. I can also say that the research you do will help you for your next career.

Cons

Some of the cons of working for this company is the cold calling without any sales commission, talking down to their employees, micro-micro managing & below average salary for the type of work. There is also no health or dental or 401(k). Small cubical or "work space". Technical comupter problems and high employee turn over. Lastly and probably the least important to a company but high on my scale is, your not allowed to talk to your team members, work related or personal. No amount of money is worth that.

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring internally, maybe you should try to out source better management. Having meetings about your next meeting, "cliffboard" holding and micro-managing are not good techniques when it comes to leader ship. Hopefully the can figure it out before their project goes under due to high spending.

Other Employee Reviews for Pierce-Eislen

"Worst place in the valley!"

Former Employee - Research Associate
    Former Employee - Research Associate

I worked at Pierce-Eislen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers that's it. A lot of really nice people work here and it's a shame what the company is putting them through.

Cons

There are to many to list but here is a few.
    1. Minimal vacation and no sick days. Don't get paid holidays.
    2. Not allowed to speak with co-workers.
    3. Management is incompetent.
    4. Talked down to everyday and treated like a child.
    5. Insane amount of turn over. During my time there saw at least 30 people come and go in a year.

Advice to Management

Your employees are not slaves! Treat people with respect! Employees are literally depressed and you could care less.

"I liked working at Pierce-Eislen"

I worked at Pierce-Eislen full-time

Pros

Most of the reviews here are terrible! I worked for Pierce-Eislen for years and I've never had a problem with management except for one. "She" is no longer at Pierce-Eislen. I know for a fact people were not happy with her - ever! I'm sure things have improved for the office since her departure. There are constant events such as Halloween parties, Christmas parties at the PV County Club, and bowling. There's also pizza parties, doughnuts, and bagels often. They offer nice benefits and pay is good.

Cons

Don't really have any. But, there are a couple of women that can be a little catty and gossipy.

Advice to Management

Feedback is important even if it's negative.