Pierce-Eislen - Hard work for little pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pierce-Eislen

"Hard work for little pay"

Current Employee - Researcher in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Researcher in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

The hours, location, office, parking are nice, but that's all. They do pay you on time but you don't get any vacation time until 6 months after you start (If you make it that long). The also allow you two bathroom breaks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon and a one hour unpaid lunch. I can also say that the research you do will help you for your next career.

Cons

Some of the cons of working for this company is the cold calling without any sales commission, talking down to their employees, micro-micro managing & below average salary for the type of work. There is also no health or dental or 401(k). Small cubical or "work space". Technical comupter problems and high employee turn over. Lastly and probably the least important to a company but high on my scale is, your not allowed to talk to your team members, work related or personal. No amount of money is worth that.

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring internally, maybe you should try to out source better management. Having meetings about your next meeting, "cliffboard" holding and micro-managing are not good techniques when it comes to leader ship. Hopefully the can figure it out before their project goes under due to high spending.

Other Employee Reviews for Pierce-Eislen

"Rent Surveyor"

Pros

All the perks that come from being able to work from home.

Cons

This job is easy yet impossible.

Apartment rental offices do not want to give info to a surveyor because they view it as a waste of their time, so you must "represent" yourself as an interested renter. You gather normal info like rent, deposit, specials, etc., but things get difficult when you ask for the management company name and how long they've managed the building. The misrepresentation really gets old when some offices begin to see through your facade, especially when you have to ask for multiple bedroom sizes and floorplans. As they catch on, your job becomes harder and they become more irritated and less willing to give you the info you need. Then, as you are not able to complete the property info forms and the end of the surveying season gets near, the company starts pressuring you to do so.

In the end, its an easy enough job if you can deal with the aforementioned circumstances. I enjoyed calling around the country, "meeting" friendly apartment staff, and gathering info that was at times even interesting. I just got sick and tired of lying.

Advice to Management

You are not bad and the job you want done isn't either, but it is a bit realistic. I guess this really isn't advice, just more venting.

2. "Freelance Photographer"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Was able to set my own hours, the company was very accommodating to my needs and quickly answered questions I had, they always paid on a timely schedule.

Cons

The pay (per assignment) could've been higher, but the pay improved if my assignment was far from where I lived.