Pilgrim's Pride - Its a job | Glassdoor

"Its a job"

Current Employee - Live Hanger
Current Employee - Live Hanger

Pros

Good benefits. There are days I don't even see a supervisor. Supervisors will pre arrange you absences for important issues you know are coming up. Good vacation time

Cons

To get a supervisor to fill them vacation papers is like pulling teeth. Its deadend very little advancement potential. Modern day slavery. Its true grit and grind everyday as a live hanger. This year they removed one person from each of our lines yet didn't see any kind of pay raise even though now its been a year and 3 months since we've seen an extra penny for an already underpaid job.

Advice to Management

Show some kind of recognition to your employees. As a live hanger part of the job is birds hit you with there mess on a daily basis yet this year barely hit 25,000.

Other Employee Reviews for Pilgrim's Pride

1. "The worst job I have ever worked."

Current Employee - Sizer
    Current Employee - Sizer

Pros

There is a benefits package.

Cons

They treat their employees like slaves and expect them to meet impossible standards. They will fire you for anything and I had to fight with them for a month in order to get time off to get married. They fired me shortly after I got back from my honeymoon. They fired me for having too many excused absenses. You would find out the night before if you were working for the weekend and if you didnt come to work, you were fired.

Advice to Management

People have a life outside of work and employees would like to know in advance when they are working. Encouragement goes farther than oppression.

2. "Daily grind job. Doesn't provide for a better future"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

Pros

Good co-workers. Flexible Hours. Sick days.

Cons

No advancement opportunitys. No communication from management. Overall feeling of stuck in a rut syndrome.