Pillar Hotels and Resorts - Worst Company To Work For Ever | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts

"Worst Company To Work For Ever"

Former Employee - Guest Services
Former Employee - Guest Services

I worked at Pillar Hotels and Resorts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros at all!!! Can' t find one.

Cons

They will work you to the bone and give you a 10 cents raise every year.My job was guest services and we would end up doing eveything a lot of times.And didn't get appreciated at all. When you try to tell them, they really do not care.

Other Employee Reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts

"rough pay hard work for non management"

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

discounts on hotels and a very great 401k plan

Cons

every hotel is different and so is every boss but what ive found about the company is there not afraid of paying minimum wage or close to it and they have a weird pay setup if your in banquets. Also hard to move up in rank.

Advice to Management

a hotel could not function without their employees especially front line employees who are the face of the comapny and deal and service guests all day. You focus on guest satisfaction but you dont even consider your employees if you pay minimum wage (or close to it then you will get minimum effort) which equals upset guests. Up the pay for your frontline employees it isnt gona kill you to pay 2 bucks more an hour and if it does then your doing something wrong then arnt you if all you can afford is minimum wage.

"Solid Company with many opprotunities for advancement"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Much has changed since I joined this company several years ago. In this time the company has taken a proactive approach to maintaining their assets instead of differing maintenance as most within the company witnessed in the past. New forecast, intelligence, and business systems have been installed that rival or beat similar systems found within the large hotel chains, and found nowhere else in other 3rd party management companies. Recently the company has adopted company-wide monthly review calls typically consisting of the GM, Regional Director of Ops, RVP, Property Accountant, Comptrollers, Revenue Manager and Analysts. Also, may RDO is extremely hands off, and allows me and my property to function freely. This said, they are always quick to respond when I have a question or need assistance.

Cons

For 2013 benefit coverage has gone down, while the cost has gone up. Corporate has great intentions in terms of communication with the field, however, regional/ company/ leadership calls are sporadic at best. Corporate incentives for field employees are also more infrequent as sporadic than in months/ years past.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve communication with management and associates in the field.