Pillar Hotels and Resorts - Good benefits but lack of promotion opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts

"Good benefits but lack of promotion opportunity"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits such as sick time and vacation time which accumulate rapidly. Yearly evaluations with the potential to get up to 4 % of your annual salary.

Cons

Very few promotions of current employees. Management and supervisor positions are filled from outside the company. It doesn't matter if you give 110 % or 20 % everyone is considered the same, hard work is not recognized and lack of employee appreciation leads to low moral.

Advice to Management

Some general managers hardly every show up to work on a regular basis and promotions from within in are practically nonexistent. Employee appreciation is also nonexistent eventhough we are the ones that are the face of the hotels.

Other Employee Reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts

"Nice Place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always care about employees
    Top in the industry
    Exciting place to work
    Constantly growing

Cons

Everything is good, there are no cons of working for this excellent company. There are some growing pains for the company, as it is constantly changing things around.

"Wonderful company to work for - pleasant coworkers & managers who care!"

I have been working at Pillar Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Several benefits with numerous hotel chains.
    Very pleasant co workers & managers who care about their employees. I've never had a problem voicing my opinion & having it taken seriously.
    Amazing working environment @ the corporate level; it is easily the best company I've ever worked for.
    This company is definitely expanding; they're getting bigger every week. Thus, now is the perfect opportunity to begin working for the company, while you're a person, rather than a number. I see this company exploding in the future, as long as upper management gives credit where it is due, provides more of an incentive, and acknowledges the amount of work that each employee actually does. I am very optimistic for this company, for they have a bright future ahead of them, as long as they start to hire competent managers at the hotel level.
    There is a lot of potential for growth! Raises & promotions are easy to get if you are competent, enthusiastic about your job, and willing to accept & complete challenging tasks.
    Corporate is always available & more than willing to help their hotel-level employees.

Cons

Too much is handled by too few employees at corporate.
    Time off & incentives could use a lot of work.
    Employees at the hotel level (rather than corporate) are quick to point the finger; they often procrastinate on projects then make excuses for missing deadlines, rather than having a proactive, punctual approach.
    Several General Managers rely on lower level employees to do all of the work, rather than leading by example & getting their hands dirty. They act more like bosses, rather than leaders (their minds are focused on"me" rather than "us").

Advice to Management

Consider the amount of work that is on the employees' plates & try to not spread them too thin; they work VERY hard without complaining. Give credit where it is due. Quality is better than quantity; it's more profitable & feasible to manage fewer, higher quality properties, rather than looking for MORE hotels to manage. If quantity is desired, at least raise the standards, or take the time & spend the money to improve the hotels that clearly need a lot of improvements. GMs need to be hired based on experience, competence, and a vested interest in taking care of their employees.