Pilot Flying J - It was rewarding, educational and enlightening. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pilot Flying J

"It was rewarding, educational and enlightening."

Current Employee - Cashier in Eloy, AZ
Current Employee - Cashier in Eloy, AZ

I have been working at Pilot Flying J part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got paired with an excellent crew that made working fun. Most of the people on my team were motivated to accomplish more than the minimum. The management encouraged friendly competition when pushing two-fers and valued personality, accountability, and integrity.

Cons

Customers were occasionally jerks, but nearly all of the drivers were good-natured, friendly people making a living.

Other Employee Reviews for Pilot Flying J

"Very disorganized, started working there a month ago and have yet to be scheduled again to come work."

Current Employee - Cashier in Tallapoosa, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Tallapoosa, GA

I have been working at Pilot Flying J part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to talk to people all day, fast paced at times, good first job.

Cons

bad hours, disorganized, management seems very confused most of the time.

Advice to Management

Get it together please and try to act professional towards your co workers that work under you.

"Hypocritical Managers"

Former Employee - Hardworking Former Employee in Quartzsite, AZ
    Former Employee - Hardworking Former Employee in Quartzsite, AZ

I worked at Pilot Flying J full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to meet a lot of people from all over the country, love the hours for my position and that Full-time is 30+ hrs instead of 40 hrs like most companies.

Cons

When having a problem (most of the time a continuous problem) and you discuss it with the GM, he doesn't seem too care!! All he says is lets move on and he also makes excuses. Don't get my breaks on time or sometimes at all!!!! The 2nd in charge continuously talks about EVERYONE to other employees except for the employee she is talking about. The hotdogs on the grill are usually past the 4 hours they are suppose to be on the grill (ex: suppose to be pulled @ midnight but @ 2:30 am they are still on the grill). The coffee area is always dirty except for when the COFFEE HOSTESS is working. I was sick 2 times in the year I worked for PFJ but yet the 2nd in charge had a problem with me being out sick ......talking about me too 3 of my co-workers and 2 regular customers about how I called off sick!!!!! Yet I called off sick 4 hours prior too my shift. Certain employees receive special treatments(not having to clean showers, not having to clean bathrooms, do laundry, etc).

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees better because they are in the stores more than you are. Hire GM's that truly are looking out for the best interest of the company.....customer service oriented NOT money motivated!!!!