Pioneer Center for Human Services - Working with the clients has been wonderful. My fellow employees are very helpful. Upper management is out of touch. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pioneer Center for Human Services

"Working with the clients has been wonderful. My fellow employees are very helpful. Upper management is out of touch."

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with hard working, dedicated, professional people. My job is rewarding.

Cons

The pay is very low and there are very few raises for the employees who are not in upper management.. We don't even get a cost of living increase. I've been there many years and still make the same.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight at the top. Start with raising the income of those who have been there a while and an annual cost of living increase. It's sad when some of our clients whom we serve are making close to what we make. Upper management is out of touch with our clients and employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Pioneer Center for Human Services

"Pioneer is an amazing organization that helps many people who really need help."

Current Employee - Job Placement Specialist
    Current Employee - Job Placement Specialist

Pros

This is a great place to work because of the satisfaction that comes with helping people. Everyone that works here has a great attitude and kind personality.

Cons

There is not much downside to working at Pioneer except for the fact that it is a non-profit and is funded by the State.

2. "I like it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, pleasant co-workers, approachable management (mine, I've heard not all), interesting job, teamwork stressed, company tries to please staff.
    Small town atmosphere, everyone knows everyone, CEOs are on a first name basis with all staff and greet everyone, very friendly.

Cons

Money is tight as it is with many human service nonprofit agencies, have had some issues with poor management in the past which are being dealt with but have left not only a bad taste is many people's mouth, but a "deep hole in the pocket" as well. It will take time and effort to get past this but current management is working hard to overcome.

Advice to Management

Don't be too tight - fisted with the money and cut any more benefits; even though the pay has never been the greatest, the benefits have been terrific which made up for the lower pay.