Pioneer Center for Human Services - Unorganized. | Glassdoor

"Unorganized."

Former Employee - Therapist in Woodstock, IL
Former Employee - Therapist in Woodstock, IL

I worked at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is room for employees to have separate offices, flex hours and benefits.

Cons

There is extreme disorganization, lack of professionalism and therapist burn out. It is basically a medicaid billing mill and the therapy comes second.

Advice to Management

Work on team building, improving management communication, focusing on therapy, not scheduling clients back to back and respecting your employee's time.

Other Employee Reviews for Pioneer Center for Human Services

"Working with the clients has been wonderful. My fellow employees are very helpful. Upper management is out of touch."

I have been working at Pioneer Center for Human Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with hard working, dedicated, professional people. My job is rewarding.

Cons

The pay is very low and there are very few raises for the employees who are not in upper management.. We don't even get a cost of living increase. I've been there many years and still make the same.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight at the top. Start with raising the income of those who have been there a while and an annual cost of living increase. It's sad when some of our clients whom we serve are making close to what we make. Upper management is out of touch with our clients and employees.

"Pioneer is an amazing organization that helps many people who really need help."

Current Employee - Job Placement Specialist
    Current Employee - Job Placement Specialist

Pros

This is a great place to work because of the satisfaction that comes with helping people. Everyone that works here has a great attitude and kind personality.

Cons

There is not much downside to working at Pioneer except for the fact that it is a non-profit and is funded by the State.