Pioneer Investment Management - Best Job I've Ever Had | Glassdoor

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Contractor - Web Designer in Boston, MA
Current Contractor - Web Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pioneer Investment Management as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team: I was brought on as a consultant with the Online Marketing Department. It was a great team. I really liked my boss, he was positive and encouraging and always appreciative.

Project Quality: While there will always be some bureaucracy, the quality of the projects I was assigned was pretty high. Unlike many previous jobs, I felt like most of what I did was worth doing.

Location: I consider this the best location in Boston. Just a few minutes walk from any T line. The back door of 60 State is Quincy Market. There are high-end bars and take-out lunch restaurants all over the place.

Social Events: I was at Pioneer for 4 months, and I think there was a free beer/wine night about once a month.

Activism: As a consultant, I didn't indulge, but there were regular opportunities for group volunteering. It seemed like there was an active culture of community involvement.

Cons

As is typical in a large, old company, there are a lot of management that would rather philosophize endlessly than make decisions. That combined with project deadlines was probably the only real hardship. I did work some crazy late nights to compensate, but it wasn't the norm.

Advice to Management

Adequate time, resources, and personnel will ensure better execution of big initiatives.

Other Employee Reviews for Pioneer Investment Management

"Good Benefits, Sales and Investments Focused, Weak Compensation Packages"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pioneer Investment Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, smaller company with access and exposure to many areas of the firm especially if you are in Sales and Marketing. Great Location. Mid level mgmt is good. The employees all really like each other.

Cons

Weak Compensation Packages - If you are not an external wholesaler plan for the expectations that you are a sales professional without the benefits of a sales-type income. Lack of direction, and leadership from upper management team.

2. "Company that cares about their workers.."

Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I worked at Pioneer Investment Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work/life balance; company truly cares about the well-being of their employees.

Cons

low wages and not a lot of career opportunities within the firm.