Piqora - Heading in a great direction, trying to smooth the bumps along the way | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Piqora

"Heading in a great direction, trying to smooth the bumps along the way"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Piqora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The industry is definitely heating up for this product, and I can say from 10+ years of marketing experience that visual web drives unmatched results, and Piqora helps make that work. In the SaaS landscape for these products, Piqora is a star, and that will translate into growth and a successful exit one day. If you want to work on building or selling cutting edge technology, in a pretty fun space, this company is a great option.

Cons

You'll need to bring your thick skin. I've worked in 5 startups. I was lucky to work at one that had a reputation as being the best culture in the valley, and it was. I have also worked at a few that had very painful cultures that are hard to work in. I'd put Piqora in the middle of that scale. It's not an amazing culture, but they're conscious of this and working to improve it. But I can also say I've seen far far worse in companies that still had success. Bottom line, start-ups are hard, and you have to have thick skin and deal with these stresses. If you want rose petals and cookies, you should work at Google. If you want to get dirty, fight, and build something valuable.... consider a startup like Piqora.

Advice to Management

You DO need to focus on culture. If you don't, it's gonna hurt. You can't muscle it either, you have to truly care that people are happy, fulfilled, and heard. They're working hard to make you rich... they deserve to at least be happy at work. This is the hardest part of leadership, and if it's not working, or you don't intrinsically posses the skills, consider hiring a person to own this, or damn good consultant to make it happen. Plan to tell new hires how you're addressing this issue, because if they're reading these reviews, they're gonna want to know.

Other Employee Reviews for Piqora

"Big company politics in toxic small company culture"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Piqora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is on hype cycle, so you get some credibility when you leave / get fired. That's about all I can think of.

Cons

People fight constantly, disagree on direction. Management encourages copying competitors and drives strategy by what others are doing. Clients don't really like us and are fleeing to better products. High turnover, little loyalty.

Advice to Management

Stop sucking so much.

2. "Good startup culture"

I have been working at Piqora full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I joined Piqora about 2 years ago we have been aggressively growing. A lot of processes have been put in place to support that growth. Unfortunately those created silos across departments and it did not feel like a startup. About 8 months ago management started addressing these very seriously and they involved the entire team in changing the nature of the company. The culture was codified, the silos were broken down, the cross-team collaboration has increased and now it feels like the startup I always wanted to join! I have closely worked with different teams within the company, with the customers directly and even participated in sales calls. The company has an open vacation policy that we actually get to use - no questions asked! Everyone's input is valued when it comes to building the next set of products. The management team is very transparent regarding finances, market, and growth. Other perks are catered lunches, team events, happy hours.

Cons

Piqora is in a very competitive market. The team is very innovative but needs to find the right product to rise above the noise.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and grow the company in this direction culturally. The rest will sort itself out.