PitchBook - Very fun place to work. Lots of team work. Great collaborative startup culture. A lot of opportunity for promotions - | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PitchBook

"Very fun place to work. Lots of team work. Great collaborative startup culture. A lot of opportunity for promotions -"

Current Employee - Client Development in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Client Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PitchBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at PitchBook for almost 2 years. It has been a lot of fun to work here and the people are fantastic - even John the CEO, who I regularly work with directly. I've been promoted twice and look forward to more opportunities ahead. This is a fun place to work, in a great location and the culture is positive...for those with a solid work ethic.

This is a startup so of course there are natural growing pains, but nothing unexpected. As an early stage company there are a lot of things still being developed. This is a half full glass. The "Cons" are the people that have left – and for good reason. We continue on doing great things.

Cons

The company has grown very quickly which is great, and that comes with a lot of opportunity. It also comes with some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep building a great company and team. Customers love our product.

Other Employee Reviews for PitchBook

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at PitchBook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really nice, down-to-earth junior people who look out for one another

Cons

Crazy CEO with completely misaligned and uncontrollable expectations. People are in constant fear of getting fired. He has fired people WHILE they were on vacation -- there is no compassion in the way people are managed. NOT a place for career growth.

Advice to Management

Remove the CEO and staff the company with senior management who KNOW how to attract and retain top talent.

"Poor Leadership, Great Workers. Learn from Glassdoor reviews!"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PitchBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice view of the sound. Cool workspace.

Cons

Workers are worried about being fired for random reasons. It is hard to focus when senior management changes direction constantly. Bonus program is hit or miss and makes no sense. Favoritism is the only way to get promoted.

Advice to Management

Create an atmosphere where workers feel safe, understand expectations, and know what is required to receive their quarterly bonus.