PitchBook - Amazing Company in every way | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PitchBook

"Amazing Company in every way"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PitchBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are amazing. Everyone is eager to bring something to the table and show what they can do. It is definitely a work hard play hard environment which makes this company so much fun. If you are a driven person who wants to be a part of something big I would definitely recommend working here.

Cons

If you consider working on the waters edge with a spectacular view, awesome people and Ivars just down the road as bad things, I don't recommend you working here.

Other Employee Reviews for PitchBook

1. "The best job I've ever had!"

Pros

So glad I took the leap to come and work at PitchBook. The people are amazing and it's such a cool work space. People are rewarded for hard work and I'm actually excited to run to the office everyday.

Cons

Some of the work is challenging, but for some (including me) that makes it fun.

Advice to Management

Keep up the social and team events-- I especially loved the team building scavenger hunt this summer.

"Kind of like falling for someone who's not your "type.""

Current Employee - Magistra/Didaskalos in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Magistra/Didaskalos in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PitchBook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the two years I've worked at PitchBook, the company has seen tremendous growth--and I've had the pleasure of growing personally and professionally alongside it. When I was first hired, I didn't think I would stay long because I knew absolutely nothing about the industry and I doubted that my particular skill set would be recognized or valued. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Although I wasn't crazy about my initial role, I quickly fell in love with the people, the culture, and the PE/VC industry. I decided to stay positive, learn as much as possible, make the most of my initial role, and offer solutions when issues/needs arose. That approach paid off in spades. I've received two promotions and two substantial pay increases. I never would have predicted it, but the position I'm in now is something I was born to do, and has somehow fused my diverse (you might even say "random") professional background into a focused, meaningful, fulfilling career.

Others have commented that the negative reviews probably come from people without a lot of "real world" experience. I have to say, I agree. In the last 15 years, I've endured some terrible jobs, terrible bosses, terrible co-workers, and prolonged bouts of unemployment. In this economy, PitchBook is a diamond in the rough. People who don't succeed here are people who grumble and complain instead of offering positive solutions. It's also an extremely collaborative environment, which means a) you have the opportunity to share your ideas, and b) sometimes your ideas don't get picked. If that's something you have a hard time dealing with, you might have a hard time at PitchBook... and in life.

The last thing I want to say is that I don't understand all the negative comments about the CEO. John is extremely approachable and accessible, and he cares about the people who work for him. Sometimes it's "his way or the highway," but let's not act shocked and appalled when a CEO makes some executive decisions. What does "CEO" stand for again???

Cons

1) We're growing rapidly and the office is getting a little cramped. I would like my own spacious loft overlooking the Puget Sound, please. Thanks. 2) We share the building with another company and its employees are miserable/unfriendly, and they refuse to share their endless supply of Cheez-Its and Peanut M&Ms. RUDE. 3) The hot tub, personal masseuse, and mini golf course I requested several months ago have yet to arrive. Apparently these things are "not in the budget." 4) My manager flat out denied my proposal to import a team of Russian circus cats to boost morale. Sometimes he doesn't understand my vision. I'll probably just go over his head with this one. 5) Downtown parking is crazy expensive and people on the bus are insane. Deciding how to get to work every day is a constant struggle. Which reminds me, my request for a daily personal limousine service was also denied. THANKS FOR NOTHING, PITCHBOOK.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive and accessible. More inter-department communication would be nice. What is research up to these days? I have no idea. I don't think some of the people in research even know what is going on in research. Tell us! We're curious and excited.