Pitney Bowes - How a Market Leader Dies | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

"How a Market Leader Dies"

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Shelton, CT
Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Shelton, CT

Pros

The people who actual work there are the best around. There is a lot of work to do. Are cash flow is great. We have the best products around. Our competition is crap.

Cons

Sr Management does not know how to grow the business so they cut the very people who create value. Too many layers of Management. We spend more time explaining what we are doing then doing it. Not enough resources to get a good job done. We are told to be more productive. I wish Sr Management would lead by example instead of telling us to be more productive.

Advice to Management

Retire and let some inovated people lead us out of our mess.

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

"A strong company with great opportunity."

Current Employee - N/A in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - N/A in Stamford, CT

Pros

Great career growth opportunities...if you take advantage of the opportunities!

Cons

Slow to chnage; risk adverse.

Advice to Management

Keep the integrity, change quicker, communicate and collaborate more (inter-departmental); drive stronger accountability and discipline. That being said, the future is bright!

"Excellent IT managers, but project managers lacked experience."

Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in Farmington, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in Farmington, MI

Pros

Immediate IT manager/director was excellent. I enjoyed his leadership abilities in action. He believed in the walking around style of senior management. Paid well. Flexible hours. The technical challenges were interesting, if not challenging to achieve. I found it interesting to create the solutions.

Cons

Project manager didn't understand how to properly test software before releasing ( selling ) it to client. Client canceled their account worth $30 million annually due to lack of testing. Weekly assignments were assigned by project managers without any input from qualified developers. 1 day assignments would take 3 weeks. 2 week assignments would take 1 hour to complete. It was interesting just to see what figure was put down as to the estimated time to complete. We used to laugh a lot at the assignments. Laughter was common ( that was a real benefit actually ).

Advice to Management

Hire or promote more competent project managers. Poor decisions can cost dearly.