Pitney Bowes - Pitney Bowes was a great innovator but they presently lack Vision and Commitment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

"Pitney Bowes was a great innovator but they presently lack Vision and Commitment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Pros

I struggle to come up with a reason to work there now
The pay and benefits are good; but, for how long?

Cons

Frequent layoffs
Expensive place to live
Sliding stock price
No clear vision on growth
Management says one thing but does another - Ex: We are done with layoffs, then there are layoffs
Unwilling to spend money to develop products internally

Advice to Management

Stop doing broad cuts to reduce head count to match projected income.
Understand the relation between development manpower and continued income.
Instead of cutting heads, figure out how to reduce margin and drive growth.

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

"Poor leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good benefits, good vacation time when you have seniority

Cons

They've cut so much that the job is almost impossible and everyone is wondering which day will be your last. It's a very unhealthy environment to work in. I used to love my job and in a few short years I've grown to hate it and I don't know a single person that likes their job anymore. It's sad because it's a company I expected to work at for the next 10-15 years and it really pains me to be looking for another job.

Advice to Management

The endless cutting has to stop. You have lost, and will continue to lose, knowledge that can't be regained with the tenure of people you've burned out and made to hate their jobs. You reward people with good performance by eliminating their jobs and telling them it wasn't a performance based decision. How does that make any sense? The company has such a rich history, but the future is so uncertain. The overall culture is that we're all on a sinking ship. I've gone from praying I didn't get a package to hoping I'm the next one let go with a package. Very very sad.

"Used to be a great place to work.....not so much anymore"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great work to life balance. Great teams of professions to work with. Oppurtunity to learn and grow as a professional. Benefits cannot be beat. Pay is "okay" but benefits make up for it.

Cons

Unstable economy=corp. office laying off everyone and anyone who knows what they are doing. Scarey place to work these days. Raises are insulting at this company...more work with less pay.

Advice to Management

To much upper management. Stop offshoring tasks to india and the phillipines. Our customers hate it and we are losing them. Start holding middle management accountable for horrrid performance.