Pitney Bowes - joined in 2012 and could NOT be more pleased! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

"joined in 2012 and could NOT be more pleased!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT
Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With a new CEO and a technologically advanced workforce, Pitney Bowes is well positioned for future growth! I find myself challenged, engaged and supported every day. What I really like is that my prior experience is valued, so many times when you join a new organization, especially an established one like PB, people are not interested in hearing about epxeriences at previous companies - I am asked repeatedly for my opinion and "how did your former employer handle this?"

Cons

The businesses are fairly siloed from one another, but that is evolving quickly.

Advice to Management

FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

"Was good, but a ship that is sinking fast"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great peers in the field, some really nice customers.

Cons

Just horrible management, I met my manager just twice in the last year I was there. They have fired managers and restructured areas more times in the 5 years I was there. Managers came and went. Sales were a revolving door and they kept customers very angry.

"NOT A Career move - Great Resume Starter!"

Former Employee - Area Sales Executive in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Area Sales Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Looks awesome on your resume, great place to learn how to be a true outside sales hunter. Thats all you will do these days, since account base has gone to the birds. I had a great team till they all got laided off. Training was awesome in Peach Tree till they went to online classes which is too hard with all the knowledge need to be developed.

Cons

You will work all day!! Prospect all day and be stuck on OZ (CRM)all night doing busy work. Very hard to do when half of your territory is controlled by inside sales and people are getting smart and using the internet for postage, and mail houses for projects. This company is slow to adapt, and everytime a new "product solution" comes out to push, we are already behind the 8 ball. Its a house on fire, slowly losing market share over night!

Advice to Management

Its time to get rid of the old foggies, the old boy's club in Stamford, and hirer some young blood with visions for new C and VPs. Copy the product and raise the price isnt cutting it anymore!

Reward "Tenure" with better base and attractive comp since you raise the quota and lower the comp every January!

The over head still killing the company!!