Pitney Bowes - Screamed at by insecure and inept supervisor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

"Screamed at by insecure and inept supervisor"

Former Employee - Hardware Support in Appleton, WI
Former Employee - Hardware Support in Appleton, WI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers working in call center. Many customers were fun to work with.

Cons

The supervisor will take you in her office and scream at you before she has all of the facts. Literally! She will ask you a question and when you try to answer she will cut you off by saying “but, but, but, but nothing” and you never get to answer the question or explain anything. She loves to humiliate employees in front of other coworkers. With holds earned raises by writing up people right before they should have gotten a raise and calling you to her office and telling you that you will not be getting the raise promised because "what good will that little raise do you anyway, I suggest you increase your sales if you need more money because you will never go anywhere in this company as long as I am here”. My sales were the highest in my group, by the way.
I have never met a more insecure and childish women in my life. Very much like a spoiled child on a play ground. If the supervisor likes you they all like you if she doesn't like you no one can. I have never been fired from any company and never even written up before, my job was always very important to me. After being at Pitney Bowes for awhile I was praying to be fired or laid off. I could not get out of that hell hole fast enough. I took a job 30 miles further away just to get out of there.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at your management in Appleton. I have even had employment agencies ask me why no one wants to work there. Please notice that only the young guys get promoted into the higher paying jobs regardless of their stats.

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

"Was good, but a ship that is sinking fast"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great peers in the field, some really nice customers.

Cons

Just horrible management, I met my manager just twice in the last year I was there. They have fired managers and restructured areas more times in the 5 years I was there. Managers came and went. Sales were a revolving door and they kept customers very angry.

"NOT A Career move - Great Resume Starter!"

Former Employee - Area Sales Executive in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Area Sales Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Looks awesome on your resume, great place to learn how to be a true outside sales hunter. Thats all you will do these days, since account base has gone to the birds. I had a great team till they all got laided off. Training was awesome in Peach Tree till they went to online classes which is too hard with all the knowledge need to be developed.

Cons

You will work all day!! Prospect all day and be stuck on OZ (CRM)all night doing busy work. Very hard to do when half of your territory is controlled by inside sales and people are getting smart and using the internet for postage, and mail houses for projects. This company is slow to adapt, and everytime a new "product solution" comes out to push, we are already behind the 8 ball. Its a house on fire, slowly losing market share over night!

Advice to Management

Its time to get rid of the old foggies, the old boy's club in Stamford, and hirer some young blood with visions for new C and VPs. Copy the product and raise the price isnt cutting it anymore!

Reward "Tenure" with better base and attractive comp since you raise the quota and lower the comp every January!

The over head still killing the company!!