Pitney Bowes - It has wonderful benefits with this company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

"It has wonderful benefits with this company."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Neenah, WI
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Neenah, WI

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are the best around.

Cons

You job may be outsourced.

Advice to Management

Keep good employees, put them in a different area.

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

1. "If you ignore the chaos around you, and focus on the job and appreciate the benefits, you are good."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Specialist in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Specialist in Shelton, CT

I worked at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits. 401K. Spiffs. Beneplace employee discounts. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Chaotic upper management. Slow reaction to market demands. Ineffective training and product knowledge for solutions beyond postage meters.

Advice to Management

I hate it that you let me go. But one has to wonder why is inside sales being downsized after field sales has already been diminished. Who is going to sell all those solutions?

"only getting worse"

Current Employee - PRESORTER in Fridley, MN
    Current Employee - PRESORTER in Fridley, MN

I have been working at Pitney Bowes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location is convenient. Some good co-workers still remain. Off street parking is provided. The water fountain works. I still have a "job"......

Cons

....but the job still does NOT pay a living wage. The industry, service is shrinking. "Supervisors" permit "leads" to still favor their friends and relatives of friends. "Supervisors" allow "leads" to act as supervisor.

Starting 2014, hourly employees are being cut from 8 hours (which includes 30 minutes paid break time) to 7.5 hours maximum paid hours per day with 30 minutes of UNPAID break time. This assuming there is enough mail to process each day. But those who are salaried will have to "suffer" just as much if not more, as their pay is not being touched at all; Their misfortune is that their pay is being frozen. (I would bet certain bonuses will remain available.)

Overtime is frequently, literally 'last minute' notice; as in 5 to 10 minutes until punch out, then we are told there is mandatory OT the next day. We are threatened with everyone for mandatory OT when only 2 or 3 people are needed. This is their way of dealing with not having enough "volunteers". That certainly makes financial "sense". If people were paid a living wage and were allowed to keep their hours, to work a full week, perhaps then there would be less or no need to threaten people with mandatory OT.

Additionally, some people get tired of volunteering for OT on one day, then having their hours cut a few days later; cutting 8 hours OT down to 4. If similar cuts happen multiple times in the same pay period then so much for the "over time".

Vacation time approval frequently takes weeks to months.

Minuscule "raises" are STILL weeks to, more likely, months late then paid retroactively.

Advice to Management

"Leads" need management classes. "Leads" need English language fluency. "Leads" need to execute their functions professionally, consistently, based on logic, and without personal bias.