Pitney Bowes - Beware of the department you apply to at Pitney Bowes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pitney Bowes

"Beware of the department you apply to at Pitney Bowes"

Former Employee - Supply Line Customer Service Representative in Shelton, CT
Former Employee - Supply Line Customer Service Representative in Shelton, CT

Pros

The benefits package and the flex time available. They do teach you how to sell anything to anyone. During the benefits package selection they offer a many packages tailored to your specific needs. The cool thing is the flex time that you can purchase which is an extra week of vacation for some. They do promote diversity in the company and have a gym to use during your lunch time, before or after work. They do have an in house doctor and chiropractor for your health needs. They ensure that you can be sick and be at work at the same time.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, your dedication and hard work goes un noticed until you make a mistake. Then and only then do people know your name. The Supply Department Customer Service area is supposed to be about assisting the customers who have not been satisfied with product. Management monitors you to make sure that even if a customer is dissatisfied with their products, that you ask if they would like any other supplies. The raises: either you get one or you don't. The paint a different picture of the department before the interview. Once you are in the Supply Line, they turn the tables around very quickly.

Advice to Management

People who work in the Supply Line, the face of Pitney Bowes, should be paid more than just 10 dollars an hour. I think that is the base salary for all representatives. Supposedly they are the highest paid call center representatives. Not true at all.

Other Employee Reviews for Pitney Bowes

1. "Management Weakness"

Current Employee - Educator in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Educator in Addison, TX

Pros

With this large, stable company, job security is probably higher than others. The compensation is decent, if not outstanding. If you like travel, you will be doing a lot. PBG1 allows a generous amount of telecommuters and pays for all necessary home communications - cell, home phone, internet. Therefore you can easily live anywhere in the country and work for this company - our group has people in Austin, Dallas, Chicago, Philly, DC, and more places. This company is more than happy to pay for personal development - I can attend many classes that will help me become excellent at my job.

Cons

(I have to say this only applies to my part of PBG1 - the education section) My supervisor is merely second rate when it comes to managing people in conflict, although this person does show excellent consideration of my needs. The career opportunities are nil in my area - there is really nowhere to go unless you want to become a full time manager/paper pusher. There is too much travel for my taste and family situation. We are currently pushed beyond the limits of our abilities to keep up - we will soon see if management responds to our needs for help. They have not been proactive in this, however. We have had to press to make the changes ourselves.

Advice to Management

Make sure managers know the basics of managing.

2. "I dont know"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Stamford, CT

Pros

relatively stable company reasonable communte one of the few companies that is hiring average compensation and benefits means it is just that some people like the fact that you can fit in with the pack and do ok at pitney bowes they state publically that they are one of the best companies to work for and they have an open employee forum for airing gripes and concerns to management

Cons

unfair promotion practices capricious evaluations management uses threat of layoffs to controll by fear very unfriendly to women seeking career growth without being ruthless and destructive to other employees if you want to grow based on merit and talent this is not the company to work for.

Advice to Management

respect qualified employees and their contribution conduct surveys and employee feedback mechanisms to understand dynamics of work environment