Pivotal - I Love working here!!! Amazing market potential & products, loads of smart and hard working people, stable & growing co! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pivotal

"I Love working here!!! Amazing market potential & products, loads of smart and hard working people, stable & growing co!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday I actually really enjoy coming to work. I am surrounded by and work with really smart and passionate people and work on truly meaningful projects that make a real impact. I am supported professionally and personally by my manager and my colleagues. Not one person I work with on my team is looking out for themselves over the company- that is so rare and so refreshing.
I truly feel that the sky is the limit in terms of career growth and opportunities because we are in such a high growth mode and strong performance is rewarded and recognized here.

The benefits are amazing for a start up- the company offers things like tuition reimbursement, flex spending accounts, paid maternity leave, pre- IPO equity, amazing medical coverage, free beer and hosts fun events in our really cool office environment all the time.

My job is not only personally and financially rewarding but I also have the opportunity to be part of a growing pre- IPO company and make a real difference here which really means a lot to me.

Cons

Like any high growth start up, there can be frequent change, which in my opinion is not a bad thing as we evolve into the company we aspire to become and improve processes and strategies to suit the company's goals company better. It can be uncomfortable for some people who crave in the box thinking or extreme stability from their employer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep promoting the wins in our marketplace to the employees so we continue to feel connected to the mission, products and to each other.

Other Employee Reviews for Pivotal

"Lots of Potential!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As Pivotal is just forming, there is a ton of opportunity to be on the ground floor of a future major business. I love the opportunities I get to help shape where this company goes!

Cons

Because Pivotal is a compilation of a number of different companies, it does take some time to sort through all the differences and establish one organization. However, I see this improving every single day.

Advice to Management

Continue to do everything you can to converge the company into one and create our own way of doing things thats best for Pivotal.

"Oppressive environment; dictatorship, not leadership"

Current Employee - Engineering in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Food, hard working, intelligent employees

Cons

Upper management seems confused. They are chasing a market that has already been addressed by superior competitors. The founder focuses on his own "vision" and how that vision can help other companies that he is already invested in. His affiliations are obvious. He runs the company without knowledge on how a company works. He has marketing knowledge and vision, but zero business acumen. Employee morale is very low. Belief in the vision by employees is very low. Everybody has one foot out the door. My peers do not look beyond a six month timeframe. Reasons they like there job are "flexibility" and "close to home". Not based on the company vision or technology. No excitement there

Advice to Management

Stand up for what you believe will make this company succeed. It is embarrassing that these men (all men, BTW) are puppets and not making their own decisions. They simply get frustrated and follow the fold. Silicon valley companies work as teams to focus on a vision. Pivotal/Greenplum does not. There is enormous talent in the ranks. There are great ideas. But it is an us versus them atmosphere. The original founder and top management should move on and let experienced leaders with integrity and business acumen take over.